The MicroStar motorised micromanipulator has been developed in close collaboration with electrophysiology researchers to create a stable, versatile, low-noise yet affordable micromanipulator with dimensions that offer new options for rig configuration.
The MicroStar enables the researcher to arrange up to 8 electrodes around a sample. This makes it especially ideal for Neuroscientists studying synaptic connectivity and networks but also for a wider range of applications where space around tissue samples is at a premium.
The MicroStar is recommended for a wide range of techniques including; Patch Clamping, Sharp Electrode Recording, Microinjection, Stretch Testing and other procedures requiring delicate and long term positioning.
The MicroStar offers 4 axes of motorised motion, X Y Z and ‘Approach’. MicroStars can be mounted next to both upright and inverted microscopes (see the Scientifica range of mounting options) and suits many experimental types.
- Compact Design - allows arrangement of more electrodes around the sample
- Ultra stable - less than 1 micron drift in 2 hours allows long term experiments
- Low noise electronics - suitable for single channel recordings
- Super smooth motion - 20nm resolution and quality engineering means you can reliably position your electrode or probe on the cell of choice
- Choice of controls - Control Cube, PatchPad or LinLab software controlled Four axes of motion - maximum positioning versatility
- Easy pipette exchange - increased productivity and reproducible positioning
- Auto angle detection - pipette axis motion for accurate sub-surface positioning
- Modular design - easily configured for left or right-handed operation
More information at the Scientifica product page