Flexible and adjustable scanning; for the study of different biological interactions and processes.
- Galvanometers offer the benefit of variable scanning speeds, adjustable to suit each individual application. This allows the user to select a specific region of capture, improve speed and increase the amount of data collected. In addition, rather than relying on averaging to improve signal-to-noise results, a reduced scan speed can achieve the same cell image morphology results while decreasing the sample's exposure to laser light. This helps to reduce bleaching or tissue damage and improve the life of your sample.
- The galvanometer mirror system allows the user to accurately select a specific region for capture; this will increase the yield and veracity of results when studying small cellular structures such as a spine or bouton, on a dendrite or axon.
- Deep imaging of your sample; combined with optical sectioning producing outstanding images of the finest structures deep with the sample.
Pioneering slim design
- Easily convert between in vivo and in vitro, with the SliceScope's unique removable sub-stage, increasing the range of experiments which can be carried out on one rig.
- Using the SliceScope's unique slim, compact footprint and flexible design as the basis for the Multiphoton system allows easy integration with other techniques such as electrophysiology.
Highly efficient light collection
The relay lens system within the Scientifica Scanhead achieves a uniform 'spot size ' for accurate imaging of small structures and prevents vignetting or loss of signal at the edge of the image. The X-mirror is imaged accurately onto the Y-mirror, and goes through a beam expander which overfills the objective back aperture, regardless of scan angle.
Free open source software from Scientifica, with SciScan;
- The Multiphoton Imaging System can be fully integrated with Scientifica's own SciScan software.
- SciScan's design allows users who are fluent in LabView to easily write custom modules that are able to interact with SciScan's core code without compromising the software.
- The multiphoton system can also be driven with a number of third party software - please contact your area representative for details.