The PatchStar is an ultra stable, super smooth micromanipulator. With X, Y, Z and a virtual approach axis the PatchStar is perfect for a wide range of electrophysiological techniques.
The PatchStar has been designed to be versatile to suit all applications and this micromanipulator is now widely used throughout the world for a whole range of experimental techniques including; Patch Clamping, Sharp Electrode Recording, Microinjection, Stretch Testing and other procedures requiring delicate and long term positioning.
Also available as Double Patchstar for more complex experiments.
- Ultra stable micromanipulator- Drifts less than 1 micron over 2 hours
- Electrically Silent so no need to switch the motors off. Nanoresolution (20nm) means exceptionally smooth movement.
- 20mm of High and Patch Speed motion for controllable positioning. Revolutionary "Smart Sensor" detects the angle of your headstage, this gives an additional virtual approach axis at no extra cost.
- Multiplex up to 12 manipulators from a single 4U rack.
- Wide choice of user control device - Control Cube, Joystick or PatchPad.
- Includes sliding bracket and 2 rotation stages for easy pipette exchange.
- Designed and built in collaboration with electrophysiologists.
- Free 2 year warranty for added peace of mind.
- Includes LinLab control software
More information at the Scientifica product page